Bukovina -- A Natural Approach To Health
The body's ultimate goal is balance and it constantly strives toward optimal health. Our approach is to guide you in removing any obstacles to achieving that balance while giving your body the resources it needs to truly heal.
If you imagine your body as the Bukovina tree, your digestive system is like the roots. Without a healthy root system, the tree cannot flourish. The same is true of your digestive system. An imbalance in your gut leaves you vulnerable to disease. Through our specially developed treatment program, we can not only treat, but heal these imbalances to bring you back to optimal health. Healthy roots means healthy leaves.
While healing the root system is vital, we also address the health of the entire tree. In the same way that water and nutrients flow through a healthy root system to the rest of the tree, hormones and other chemical messengers flow though our bodies creating rhythm, balance and health. Disease can stem from any disturbance in this flow. At Bukovina, we specialize is reestablishing hormonal and chemical balance to allow you to thrive.
What are naturopathic doctors?
A licensed naturopathic doctor (ND) is a graduate of an accredited medical school and is educated in all of the same basic sciences as a medical doctor (MD). In addition, a naturopathic doctor receives extensive training in holistic approaches to therapy such as botanical medicine, nutrition, homeopathy and physical medicine. Naturopathic doctors must pass rigorous professional board exams in order to become licensed. In practice, naturopathic doctors can order laboratory testing, perform physical examinations, gynecological exams, nutritional, health and dietary assessments.
In the United States, the naturopathic medical profession relies upon national standards of practice and care, peer review, and an ongoing commitment to state-of-the-art scientific research. While naturopathic medicine dates back to the earliest healers, contemporary naturopathic physicians also study and utilize the latest discoveries in biochemical sciences and are increasingly acknowledged as leaders in bringing about progressive changes in the nation's medical system.
What makes naturopathic doctors different from medical doctors?
What to expect:
- We are taught to take a step back and look at the whole picture. We treat you as an entire person, not as a group of separate symptoms. After all, if all of your symptoms are in your body, they are most likely connected.
- We are always looking to find the underlying cause of your problem and treat that.
- Of course we would choose to use a natural form of treatment before choosing to use medication
Your first appointment is an hour and a half long. During this time we will discuss all aspects of your health. This will include:
You will leave with:
- details of your main concerns
- a head to toe review of all systems
- your medical history
- your family medical history
- discussion of your mental, emotional and spiritual well-being
- dietary assessment
- any necessary physical exams
- and ordering of appropriate laboratory tests.
- a better understanding of the cause of your ailment
- a treatment plan designed specifically for you
- a clear picture of your goals and how you can attain them
- and the comfort of knowing you have our support throughout the entire process
Follow-up appointments are an hour long. You will most likely need to see us once or twice a month in the beginning. These appointments will become less frequent as your health improves and your knowledge of how to maintain it solidifies.
Treatment Plans May Include:
What does Bukovina mean?
- Dietary and Lifestyle Changes
- The prescription of supplements
- Herbal remedies
Bukovina is a tree with an extensive root system that nourishes and stabilizes the soil around it, allowing other plants to grow and flourish where they otherwise would not survive. We chose this name because this is what we strive to be for you...the foundation of your health. We believe that this foundation allows you to connect to your root system so that you can fill your heart with the trust that allows you to cultivate your true self.
If you have other questions, please feel free to contact us at 530.885.5908.
Bukovina - A Natural Approach To Health
750 Lincoln Way, Suite 100
Auburn CA 95603